So if disaster does strike, do you have the proper coverage for the additional living expenses that you and your family will need temporarily if you are displaced and need to stay somewhere other than your home and buy things that you need for everyday existence? Do you need a hotel? Meals out? Transportation? Was your car in the event? This living expenses part of your policy will cover hotel, meals, restaurants, transportation and other living expenses incurred while your home is inaccessible or being rebuilt.

Coverage for additional living expenses differs from company to company so you need to check your policy and make sure that it is enough. Many policies provide coverage but only about 20% of your coverage. You can purchase additional coverage if you need it.

For more information on who is a great independent agent in your area… please call me.